A 3-day Imlil Valley and Toubkal Mountain tour is an adventure that takes you to the heart of the High Atlas Mountains in Morocco. The tour begins in the Imlil Valley, a traditional Berber village located at the base of the Toubkal mountain, the highest peak in North Africa.
The tour includes a guided hike through the Imlil Valley to explore the traditional Berber villages and stunning mountain landscapes. You will also have the opportunity to visit the local cooperative of Argan oil and learn about the production process of this traditional Moroccan product.
The highlight of the tour is the ascent of Mount Toubkal, a challenging but rewarding hike that takes you to the summit of the highest peak in North Africa. The climb is guided and takes two days, with an overnight in a mountain refuge. From the summit, you’ll be rewarded with stunning views of the surrounding mountains and valleys.
This tour is suitable for hikers with a moderate level of fitness and experience. It is a great way to experience the beauty and culture of the High Atlas Mountains, and an excellent opportunity to challenge yourself physically and mentally.
Transfer from Marrakech to Imlil, the starting point of your hike, meet with our assistance, a steady hike of 4 hours takes you to the village of ait souka a good Tea came face to mountains Toubkal, overnight in guest house.
You will be picked up from your accommodation in Marrakech, and drive towards Imlil valley from where you will start the trek. Once you are met by the local team, you will set off trekking in the valley of Aït Mizane, towards the village of Aremd then the sanctuary of Sidi Chamarouch and the nearby waterfall. Continue on steep paths to the Toubkal refuge, where you will spend the night at a refuge. (4-5 hours of walking)
Start the day early to reach the summit of Jbel Toubkal, the highest point in North Africa. Cross streams and make your way through the rocks. Join the plateau and take a break to enjoy the breathtaking views of the surrounding area including the plain of Marrakesh and the High Atlas in the north, and the Anti-Atlas and the Sahara to the south Once you reach the summit, gently start the way back to the bottom of the mountain and to Imlil, then to Marrakech. Around 9 Hours walk + 1h30 drive.
This trek runs Year Round. We have regular departures throughout the week, so you can join one of our existing treks if you wish. Please feel free to get in touch with us!
You have the option to book this trek independently, which includes transfers from Marrakech. Alternatively, we can create a comprehensive itinerary for you, combining your trek with visits to Marrakech, Essaouira, the Atlantic Coast, and the Sahara Desert. We can provide you with a customized quote based on your preferences.
To ensure a convenient and hassle-free experience, we provide pick-up and drop-off services from your accommodation in Marrakech city. Please note that some riads may not have direct car access, so our driver will park nearby and come to meet you at a designated meeting point.
At the start of the trek, our driver will pick you up from your riad/hotel in Marrakech. If your riad is not easily accessible by car, our driver will arrange to meet you at a convenient location nearby. To facilitate a smooth pick-up, our driver can also call your riad to coordinate the meeting if necessary.
At the end of the trek, you will be dropped off at the nearest point to your riad/hotel. Our driver will ensure that you are safely returned to your accommodation. If required, our driver can contact your riad in advance to make arrangements for a seamless drop-off.
The accommodation will be mix in between Berber gites & mountain huts. camping will be an option during the summer months
Please note that if you require accommodation in the Atlas Mountains or Marrakech before or after the trek, we can always make arrangements and book it for you.
If you have any further inquiries or need assistance with anything else, please let me know!
-you can expect freshly prepared and nutritious meals cooked by the Berber muleteers. Here are some examples of the meals served:
– Breakfast: Jam, bread, cookies, fruit, juice, butter, coffee, and milk.
– Lunch: Salad, tomatoes, carrots, lentils, beans, rice or pasta, fish (such as sardines or tuna), and seasonal fruit.
– Dinner: Soup, traditional Moroccan tajine, couscous, olives, nuts, and fruit.
If you have any specific dietary requirements, they can be accommodated. Please inform us of your preferences when you confirm your booking, and kindly remind your guide and cook about your requirements on the first day of the trek to ensure they are properly addressed.
During the trek, personal baggage, cooking equipment, and food are transported by the mules. This means you will only need to carry a rucksack containing essential items for the day.
If you have any excess or unnecessary luggage, you can securely store it in our storage facility in Imlil until you return from the trek. This ensures that your belongings are kept safe and allows you to travel with a lighter load during the trek
To ensure a comfortable and enjoyable hiking experience, it is important to have the following equipment:
– Good walking boots and socks / good trainers for valley treks
– Personal First Aid Kit
– 3 to 4 season sleeping bag (for winter treks) or light sleeping bag (for summer treks)
– Lightweight waterproof over-trousers / rain-pants
– Water bottle or camelback (recommended)
– Soft-sided bag (50-80 litres)
– Lightweight daypack
– Sunglasses – Sunscreen
– Torch and batteries
– All personal toiletries
– Crampons and Ice Axe Winter season
Additionally, depending on the specific requirements and weather conditions, you may also consider the following items:
– Hiking poles for extra stability and support
– Hat or cap for sun protection
– Gloves and a hat for colder temperatures
– Warm layers (fleece jacket, thermal clothing) for colder seasons
– Quick-drying and moisture-wicking clothing for comfort during the trek
– Insect repellent for protection against bugs and mosquitoes
– Extra snacks or energy bars for additional sustenance on the trail
Having the right equipment will enhance your hiking experience in the beautiful Azzaden Valley. Make sure to pack these essentials to ensure your safety, comfort, and enjoyment throughout the trek.
Booking your trek with us is a straightforward process. Follow the steps below to secure your reservation:
1. Find the trek you are interested in on our website, and then contact us via email to discuss your trek and check availability.
2. Once we have finalized the details of your trek, including the duration, route, and number of people, we will make a provisional booking, providing you with the confirmed dates and cost.
3. To confirm your booking, we kindly ask for a 20% deposit. You can conveniently make this payment online via bank transfer in Euros, pounds sterling, or US dollars.
4. The remaining balance is payable in cash upon your arrival in Morocco, at the beginning of the trek. We accept payments in Euros, pounds sterling, or US dollars.
NB: If you are unable to carry a large amount of cash, we offer an alternative option. You can pay the remaining balance online via bank transfer a few days before your departure. This way, you can have peace of mind knowing that your payment is taken care of beforehand.
At Toubkal Treks, we strive to make the booking and payment process as convenient and flexible as possible for our trekkers. Should you have any further questions or require additional assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
We look forward to welcoming you to Morocco and providing you with an unforgettable trekking experience!