Trekking from Marrakech through many little hamlets and Berber villages to the magnificent Western High Atlas Mountains. A part of this two day trek leads across the imlil National Park. Imlil & azzaden area is significant with red color, its slopes are covered with juniper trees and dotted with traditional flat – roofed houses made of stone. Get over Tiz M’zzik Mountain pass (2450m) The big waterfall is one of the highlights of this hikeand then descend down to Tizi Oussem village for the night. On day 2, you trek down to the Assif Azzaden Valley, passing through several Berber hamlets and up to the Tizi Oudite pass and down to the village of Aguersiouâl. Enjoy your lunch by the river before you set for another hour up the Imlil valley prior to getting back to the starting Point and transfer back to Marrakech
Marrakech – Imlil – Tizi Mzik – Tizi Oussem village (1850m).
After breakfast in Marrakech,pick up & drive towards the high Atlas Mountains via Tahnnaout, Oued Ghighaya & Asni, enjoy the stunning view of the villages along the valet.Arrival to Imlil (65km from Marrakech), meet the guide & multeer andthen start the trek & climb Tizi Mzik pass (2684m), spectacular view over Imlil valley & Toubkal Summit, continue to Tamsoulte to visit the highest waterfalls in the Atlas Mountains (100m of hight), down the Azzaden valley through juniper forest to get to Tizi Oussem village.Overnight at the Guest house in the village.5hrs walking
Tizi Oussem – Id Issa village – Tizi-Oudid – Mattat- Imlil
After breakfast, enjoy the sunshine on this colorful valley & its marvelous typical Berber villages, leave Tizi Oussem & continue down to Id Issa village, before heading up to Tizi Oudid mountain pass (2000m), cross matat village after a wild thurifer juniper forest, get lunch under walnut groves and relax near the river.On the afternoon transfer back to Marrakech.
- Group 1 person : 250 € request
- Group 2 – 3 people : 140€/person
- Group 4 – 7 people : 130€/person
- Group 8 – 12 people : 85/person
- English speaking guide, and cook
- Muleteers and mules for luggages
- Full board on trek + mineral water, coffee and tea
- Accommodation in Mountain huts
- Ground transfers by minibuses / taxis: ( hotel – trek – hotel)
- Mess, cooking & toilet tents (camping option)
- Travel insurance.
- Soft/alcoholic drinks
- Tips and personal expanses
Equipment to Bring
- Good walking boots and socks / good trainers for valley treks
- Personnel First aid Kit
- 3 to 4 season sleeping bag ( winter) or light Sleeping bag ( Summer)
- Lightweight waterproof over-trousers / rain-pants
- Water bottle or camel back (recommended)
- Soft-sided bag (50-80 litres)
- Lightweight daypack
- Torch and batteries
- Towel & all personal toiletries
Most of those equipment can be rented locally from our equipment shop in omlil
This is a sample text. You can click on it to edit it inline or open the element options to access additional options for this element.