Overwhelming in every sense of the word, Marrakesh is a city of sensory indulgence. The city...
Toubkal Ascent & Sahara Camel ride 7 Days
This trip allow to you to climb Jbel Toubkal the highest peak of the High Atlas and Morocco and North Africa with 4 167 m.and visit Erg Chebbi, better known as the dunes of Merzouga, is one of two large ergs of the Sahara in Morocco. The spectacular golden dunes of Erg Chebbi are among the most remarkable of the Sahara.
Marrakech – Imlil- Tizi Mezik – Tamsoult Refuge
After your transfer from Marrakech to Imlil (1,740m), you will set off an a 4 to 5hours trek out of the Imlil Valley and into the Azzadene Valley. Along the way you will pass fromTizi N’Mzik at 2,450m, the refuge at Azib n’Tamsoult and the Ighouliden waterfalls. Overnight in the Lipeney mountain refuge ( or before at Azib n Tamsoult)
Tamsoult refuge – Tizi Agoulzime – Toubkal Refuge
Today involves a fairly stiff climb out of the Azzadene Valley to the Toubkal Refuge over the Aguelzim Mountain pass at 3,560m. Lunch will be taken with spectacular views over the Atlas Mountain Range. Overnight in the Toubkal Refuge (Niltner Hut) where you’ll likely be sharing a bunk room with other trekkers tackling Toubkal early the next morning
Toubkal Refuge – Toubkal summit – Imlil
Up early for the climb up Toubkal (4,167m) from where, clouds allowing, you’ll have wonderful views over the Atlas Range and the Sahara Desert then a long way back down past the refuge and the well-worn path back to Imlil. This is a fairly long day with 8-9 hours of trekking, involving 900m up then almost 2,500m back down to Imlil
Stay the night in our gesthous
Imlil – Tizi nTichka – Ouarzazate – Dades Valley
Dades Goges – Todra Gorges – Tinjdad – Merzouga
Merzouga – Erfoud -rissani -Agdz- Ouarzazate
Early morning, you will wake up to enjoy the sunrise over the dunes of Erg Chebbi, followed by breakfast in the camp the camel trek back to the hotel at the dune line for a quick shower. We drive to Rissani, a small Saharan town in southeast of Morocco, here we can stop to visit a fossil workshop(Option) before we continue to Agdez and Draa valley junction where we head north to Ouarzazate after crossing the small volcanic Atlas Mountains. Dinner and overnight in Ouarzazate
Ouarzazate – Ait ben Haddou Kasbah – Tizi N tichka – Marrakech
After breakfast, we can enjoy a visit of cinema sets & studios located in Ouarzazate which is known as Hollywood of Africa. Afterwards we will visit the universal Heritage Site of Ait Benhaddou Kasbah as it has been named by UNESCO in 1987. Ait Benhaddou is the World Heritage site that has been used as a backdrop for more than 20 films including “Gladiator” “Indiana Jones” and “Lawrence of Arabia”. Enjoy a walk to explore the traditional Moroccan style of architecture in which the Kasbahs are built. We continue our way to Marrakesh through the High Atlas Mountains and Tizi n’Tichka pass. Break for lunch in the middle of the Atlas Mountains. Drop off at your Marrakech Riad/Hotel.
- Group 1 person : On request
- Group 2 – 3 people : 535€/person
- Group 4 – 7 people : 400€/person
- Group 8 – 12 people : 360€/person
- Prices quoted are per person, based on sharing a twin room/2 person tent (unless otherwise stated). Additional hotel or riad nights after trek from 25 EUR p.p. twin/35 EUR single.
- Trek prices may vary depending of the season (High altitude Treks).
- Payment : can be done in € / $ / £ or MAD
- English speaking guide, and cook
- Muleteers and mules for luggages
- Full board on trek + mineral water, coffee and tea
- Accommodation in Mountain huts
- Ground transfers by minibuses / taxis: ( hotel – trek – hotel
- Mess, cooking & toilet tents (camping option )
- 4×4 / mini-bus with english speaking driver
- 1 night in Guesthouse in Imlil (HB)
- 1 night in a hotel at Dades gorges (HB)
- 1 overnight camping on the Dunes (HB)
- 1 night in a Hotel in Ourzazate (HB)
- Camel ride on the dunes.
- Travel insurance.
- Soft/alcoholic drinks
- Tips and personal expanses
- Lunches (Onley for desert Tour )
- Entrance fee (Monuments visits )
This trek runs all year round and can depart at any date of your preference.
We usually have several treks departing each week that you may join , please get in Touch!!
1 overnight camping on the dunes (nomad tents)
1 overnight in Auberge in merzouga
1 overnight in a Hotel at Dades Gorges
1 overnight in hotel in ait ben haddou