Overwhelming in every sense of the word, Marrakesh is a city of sensory indulgence. The city...
Marrakech – Imlil – Toubkal refuge 3200m
After an early breakfast at the hotel in Marrakech, our driver will pick you up and take you to the heart of Morocco’s High Atlas mountains, the trek starts from Imlil (1740m), at 67km on the south west of Marrakech, here you will meet the team who will accompany you during trek, the muleteers will deal with your luggage, food & all other equipments that we usually provide for our clients, within half an hour you start the walk with an experienced mountain guide through the Berber villages following a mule track which will take you to the mountain hut via the shrine Sidi Chamhrouch (2500m) where you will have your lunch, after lunch & a short break, continue towards the refuge (3200m),
Toubkal Refuge – Toubkal Summit -ToubkalRefuge
Early in the morning we make our attempt on the summit of Jebel Toukbal, the highest peak in Northern Africa. Our route takes us up the south cirque, crossing the stream above the refuge. The walking is relatively straightforward, but the scree and the altitude will make the going quite difficult in parts. The views along the way make the journey more than worthwhile. When you reach the the summit you will see that the vistas across the surrounding landscape are quite breathtaking. From here there are unrestricted views in every direction, from the Marrakesh Plain to the High Atlas in the north and as far south as the Anti-Atlas and the Sahara. We will retrace our steps when we return down the mountain and head back to the Toubkal Refuge where we will spend the night
Toubkal Refuge – Imlil – Transfer to Marrakech
Today is an Easy day compared to the summit Day after breakfast you head down to chamharouch where you will stop for lunch then walk to imlil where you will be pick up and drive to marrakech ( arrout 5 hours walk )
Climb the beautiful Mount Toubkal on this glorious 3-day trek through the wilderness Due to the elevation, the trek is considered one of the hardest, but also one of the most beautiful , visit some of the most spectacular places in the region, including the village of Imlil, the Toubkal Massif, the shrine of Sidi Chamarouch, and the summit of Jebel Toubkal. Aguelzim mountain is located above the Azzaden valley and offers stunning views over the Atlas summit.
- Group 1 person : 360€ request
- Group 2 – 3 people : 220€/person
- Group 4 – 7 people : 170/person
- Group 8 – 12 people : 145/person
NB : Extra 7 Euros/person extra from Nov to April to cover porters & extra for mountain hut winter rates
- Prices quoted are per person, based on sharing a twin room/2 person tent (unless otherwise stated). Additional hotel or riad nights after trek from 25 EUR p.p. twin/35 EUR single.
- Trek prices may vary depending of the season (High altitude Treks).
- Payment : can be done in € / $ / £ or MAD
- English speaking guide, and cook
- Muleteers and mules for luggages
- Full board on trek + mineral water, coffee and tea
- Accommodation in Mountain huts
- Ground transfers by minibuses / taxis: ( hotel – trek – hotel)
- Mess, cooking & toilet tents (camping opti
- Travel insurance.
- Soft/alcoholic drinks
- Tips and personal expanses
This trek runs all year round and can depart at any date of your preference.
We usually have several treks departing each week that you may join , please get in Touch!!
- Good walking boots and socks / good trainers for valley treks
- Personnel First aid Kit
- 3 to 4 season sleeping bag ( winter) or light Sleeping bag ( Summer)
- Lightweight waterproof over-trousers / rain-pants
- Water bottle or camel back (recommended)
- Soft-sided bag (50-80 litres)
- Lightweight daypack
- Torch and batteries
- Towel & all personal toiletries
Most of those equipment can be rented locally from our equipment shop in Imlil:
- Crampons : 5 €/ Day/pair
- Ice Axe : 3 €/day
- Walking boots : 5 €/day
- Sleeping bags : 2.5 €/day
- Rain Jackets : 3 €/day
- Walking Poles : 3 €/day/pair
- Back packs : 3€/day
- Stoves : 2€/day
The Accommodation during this trek can either be in a mountain hut for the winter treks or on camping if prefered from June -Octo
NB : If accommodation is required in the Atlas Mountains either before or after the trek, we can always book you at our Place in Imlil