Overwhelming in every sense of the word, Marrakesh is a city of sensory indulgence. The city...
Asni – Tizi Ntarabza plateau – Ait Mizane (Imlil) valley
We will start in our ride from Asni then go up to the Tizi Ntarabza plateau (1500m) with a view of the Ouirgane and Ait Mizane (Imlil) valley. We will continue to the village of Tinzert (1300m) after having lunch on the plateau in a big forest with some goat and sheep herds. We’ll spend the night in a Berber family’s home.
Tinzert – Imarigha N’ Ofala – Ouirgane Circuit
Ride from Tinzert down to Imarigha N’Ofala and visit the traditional Berber salt mine (1100m). We’ll pass the villages of Imariren Noufla, have lunch nearby the river in Torurod village, and continue on through Aguni, Anraz, and Lkhmis Ouirgane (1000m) and we will finish near the Ouirgane Dam. Head back to Marrakech or Ouirgane to spend the night.
An exciting horseback trail ride in the midst of the High Atlas mountains of Morocco. Riding courageous stallions, cross the most mountainous landscapes of Morocco, discovering high plateaus and forgotten valleys. Reaching heights of 2000m this riding trail takes you away from the sultry heat of the desert. Strengths – The contrasting landscapes of the High Atlas : green valleys, dry plateaus, red mountains, snowy peaks and dense woodland – Immersion in the heart of the Berber culture : beautiful villages and traditional farming.
- Group 1 person : On request
- Group 2 – 3 people : 100£/person
- Group 4 – 7 people : 90£/person
- Group 8 – 12 people : 80£/person
- English speaking guide.
- Ground transfers by minibuses / taxis: ( hotel – trek – hotel )
- Overnight Stay in Gite
- Travel insurance.
- Soft/alcoholic drinks
- Tips and personal expanses
This trek runs all year round and can depart at any date of your preference.
We usually have several treks departing each week that you may join , please get in Touch!!
- Good walking boots and socks / good trainers for valley treks
- Personnel First aid Kit
- 3 to 4 season sleeping bag ( winter) or light Sleeping bag ( Summer)
- Lightweight waterproof over-trousers / rain-pants
- Water bottle or camel back (recommended)
- Soft-sided bag (50-80 litres)
- Lightweight daypack
- Torch and batteries
- Towel & all personal toiletries
Most of those equipment can be rented locally from our equipment shop in Imlil:
- Crampons : 5 €/ Day/pair
- Ice Axe : 3 €/day
- Walking boots : 5 €/day
- Sleeping bags : 2.5 €/day
- Rain Jackets : 3 €/day
- Walking Poles : 3 €/day/pair
- Back packs : 3€/day
- Stoves : 2€/day
The Accommodation during this trek can either be in a mountain hut for the winter treks or on camping if prefered from June -Octo
NB : If accommodation is required in the Atlas Mountains either before or after the trek, we can always book you at our Place in Imlil