Atlas Valley & Sahara Desert Tour 5d/4n
Strongly recommended year round, this is a fantastic trek for those not climbing Toubkal. It offers in our opinion the best mountain scenery and Berber villages within the Imlil and Toubkal National Park area & best 3 days to Erg Cheebi and Ait ben Haddou kasbah
Marrakesh – Agersioual – Tizi Oudit – Tizi Oussem
You’ll leave the vehicle on the road up towards Imlil at Agrersioual village (1,650m) where you will meet your Berber muleteer and guide. Your first day will be an easier aclimatisation trek in the Ouirgane National Park. The terrain here is gentler with copper green soil and juniper trees. Overnight in Gite in Tizi Oussem, a small rustic Berber Village. Aprox. 5 hrs walking time.
Tizi oussem (1850m) – Tizi Mezzik– imlil
Today involves a fantastic climb out of the Azzadene Valley. You’ll head up the valley towards Tamsoult from where you’ll headup towards the pass at Tizi n Mzik (2489m) where you wil have lunch before descending down into Imlil. where you will spend a night in Guest house . Aprox. 4-5 hours walking.
Imlil – Ait Benhaddou – Ouarzazate – Dades
we will pick up you from your GuestHouse we will start our journey from Imlil to Dades Gorges. Across the Tizi-n-Tichka Atlas pass, with far-reaching views across the mountains, to the traditional High Atlas Berber village of Telouet and we continue to Ait Benhaddou to visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ait Benhaddou, a spectacular fortified village (Ksour).you’ll take your lunch at Ait benhaddou or ouarzazate and continue to Dades valley, we well spend the night in a riad/hotel in dades gorges
Tenghir – Todra Gorges — Erfoud – Merzouga
After breakfast, we go from DADES to Toudra gorges, tenghir and to the Sahara desert of Merzouga, berber villages are scattered along the way. we’ll pass through Tinjdad, Jorf and Erfoud in which we’ll feel the beginning of the Saharan oasis of Tafilalet then we continue to Merzouga , Camel Ride & Night in Desert
Merzouga – Agdz – Ouarzazate –Marrakech
After seeing the sunrise in desert we go back on the camels to Merzouga after the breakfast and take shower in Hotel then start our journey to Ouarzazate trough the Berber villages of the atlas mountains ( Tinjdad , tenghir todra gorges ,Boumalene-du-Dades ),will visit the majestic Atlas Mountains. Cross the High Atlas Mountains via the highest road pass in Morocco Tizni Tichka 2260m high offering impressive views of valleys, mountains and many Berber villages nearby. arrive a in evening
- Group 1 person : On request
- Group 2 – 3 people : 470€/person
- Group 4 – 7 people : 370€/person
- Group 8 – 12 people : 280€/person
- Prices quoted are per person, based on sharing a twin room/2 person tent (unless otherwise stated). Additional hotel or riad nights after trek from 25 EUR p.p. twin/35 EUR single.
- Trek prices may vary depending of the season (High altitude Treks).
- Payment : can be done in € / $ / £ or MAD
- English speaking guide, and cook
- Muleteers and mules for luggages
- Full board on trek + mineral water, coffee and tea
- Accommodation in a berber villages (Gites)
- Ground transfers by minibuses / taxis: ( hotel – trek – hotel
- Mess, cooking & toilet tents (camping option )
- 4×4 / mini-bus with english speaking driver
- 1 night in a hotel at Dades gorges (HB)
- 1 overnight camping on the Dunes (HB)
- Camel ride on the dunes.
- Travel insurance.
- Soft/alcoholic drinks
- Tips and personal expanses
- Entrance fee (Monuments visits)
This trek runs all year round and can depart at any date of your preference.
We usually have several treks departing each week that you may join , please get in Touch!!
1 overnight camping on the dunes (nomad tents)
1 overnight in Auberge in merzouga
1 overnight in a Hotel at Dades Gorges
1 overnight in hotel in ait ben haddou