Overwhelming in every sense of the word, Marrakesh is a city of sensory indulgence. The city...
Marrakech – Imlil – Tizi Mzik – Tizi Oussem village (1850m).
After breakfast in Marrakech,pick up & drive towards the high Atlas Mountains via Tahnnaout, Oued Ghighaya & Asni, enjoy the stunning view of the villages along the valet.Arrival to Imlil (65km from Marrakech), meet the guide & multeer andthen start the trek & climb Tizi Mzik pass (2684m), spectacular view over Imlil valley & Toubkal Summit, continue to Tamsoulte to visit the highest waterfalls in the Atlas Mountains (100m of hight), down the Azzaden valley through juniper forest to get to Tizi Oussem village.Overnight at the Guest house in the village.5hrs walking
Tizi Oussem – Id Issa village – Tizi-Oudid – Mattat- Imlil
After breakfast, enjoy the sunshine on this colorful valley & its marvelous typical Berber villages, leave Tizi Oussem & continue down to Id Issa village, before heading up to Tizi Oudid mountain pass (2000m), cross matat village after a wild thurifer juniper forest, get lunch under walnut groves and relax near the river.On the afternoon transfer back to Marrakech.
Trekking from Marrakech through many little hamlets and Berber villages to the magnificent Western High Atlas Mountains. A part of this two day trek leads across the imlil National Park. Imlil & azzaden area is significant with red color, its slopes are covered with juniper trees and dotted with traditional flat – roofed houses made of stone. Get over Tiz M’zzik Mountain pass (2450m) The big waterfall is one of the highlights of this hikeand then descend down to Tizi Oussem village for the night. On day 2, you trek down to the Assif Azzaden Valley, passing through several Berber hamlets and up to the Tizi Oudite pass and down to the village of Aguersiouâl. Enjoy your lunch by the river before you set for another hour up the Imlil valley prior to getting back to the starting Point and transfer back to Marrakech .
- Group 1 person : 250 € request
- Group 2 – 3 people : 140€/person
- Group 4 – 7 people : 130€/person
- Group 8 – 12 people : 85/person
- Prices quoted are per person, based on sharing a twin room/2 person tent (unless otherwise stated). Additional hotel or riad nights after trek from 25 EUR p.p. twin/35 EUR single.
- Trek prices may vary depending of the season (High altitude Treks).
- Payment : can be done in € / $ / £ or MAD
- English speaking guide, and cook
- Muleteers and mules for luggages
- Full board on trek + mineral water, coffee and tea
- Accommodation in Mountain huts
- Ground transfers by minibuses / taxis: ( hotel – trek – hotel)
- Mess, cooking & toilet tents (camping option)
- Travel insurance.
- Soft/alcoholic drinks
- Tips and personal expanses
This trek runs all year round and can depart at any date of your preference.
We usually have several treks departing each week that you may join , please get in Touch!!
- Good walking boots and socks / good trainers for valley treks
- Personnel First aid Kit
- 3 to 4 season sleeping bag ( winter) or light Sleeping bag ( Summer)
- Lightweight waterproof over-trousers / rain-pants
- Water bottle or camel back (recommended)
- Soft-sided bag (50-80 litres)
- Lightweight daypack
- Torch and batteries
- Towel & all personal toiletries
Most of those equipment can be rented locally from our equipment shop in Imlil:
- Crampons : 5 €/ Day/pair
- Ice Axe : 3 €/day
- Walking boots : 5 €/day
- Sleeping bags : 2.5 €/day
- Rain Jackets : 3 €/day
- Walking Poles : 3 €/day/pair
- Back packs : 3€/day
- Stoves : 2€/day
The Accommodation during this trek can either be in a mountain hut for the winter treks or on camping if prefered from June -Octo
NB : If accommodation is required in the Atlas Mountains either before or after the trek, we can always book you at our Place in Imlil