Overwhelming in every sense of the word, Marrakesh is a city of sensory indulgence. The city...
Atlas & Sahara Comfort Tour
Spend 4 days exploring the high peaks of the Atlas Mountains on foot. A hike amidst cool vegetation of juniper and pine trees is a perfect way to rejuvenate your mind and body. Go across deep gorges, Then 4 Days in Est Of Morocco Sahara Desert Discover ait ben haddou casbah and ride camel in Erg Chebbi.
Marrakech –imi oughlad –tizi n’tachte –tiziane
Departure from marrakech for a pleasante drive south winding our way up through the moulay brahim gorge and upper valleys to arrive at the higher foothills of the western high atlas mountains and our trailhead of imi oughlad with the jbel toubkal , here we alight from our vehicle and meet up with muleteer crew . We set off up in north-westerly direction for a 2hour acclimatisation hike up , passing by cornfields woods pine and juniper to the tiz n’tachete ,where we shallstop to look back down on the imlil before carrying on for another half hour to imi n’ifri and our field picnic .thence a slow hike for about 2 and half hours south-west down along a dirt track to assif n’ ait oussaden and the red clay terraced village of tiziane
Tiziane – tizi n’taghrhourte – D’knt
D’knt – tizi n’tagdalte – Tizi oussem
We set off for our morning’s 3 hours hike up through groves of walnut trees, fields of corn and barley to greet the many sheep and goatherders – and women . We traverse the tizi n’tagdalte to the descent amongst the juniper trees till we come to a small spring set amongst the trees , where we will stop for our picnic .once refreshed , we are off down winding tracks of upper slopes for some 3hours to come to a small river at the beginning of the valley of assif n’ait oussaden . from here we enter the village of tizi oussem (1850m) then up to the summer village Of Tamsoult for our camp or gite.
Tizi oussem – ighouliden waterfalls – Tizi n Mzik – Imlil
Today involves a fantastic climb out of the Azzadene Valley. You’ll head up the valley towards the summer village of Azib n Tamsoult from where you’ll headup to Ighouliden waterfalls prior to trek back over the pass at Tizi n Mzik (2489m) for lunch before descending down into Imlil and spend the night in Our place in imlil. or go down to marrakech.
Aprox 5 to 6 hours walking
Marrakech – Tizi N’tichka – Ouarzazate – Dades
Dades Valley – Todra Gorge – Merzouga – camp
Merzouga – tinjdad – ouarzazate – Ait Benhaddou
Ait Benhaddou – Telouiat – Tizi n’Tichka – Marrakech
- Group 1 person : On request
- Group 2 – 3 people : €/person
- Group 4 – 7 people : €/person
- Group 8 – 12 people : €/person
- Prices quoted are per person, based on sharing a twin room/2 person tent (unless otherwise stated). Additional hotel or riad nights after trek from 25 EUR p.p. twin/35 EUR single.
- Trek prices may vary depending of the season (High altitude Treks).
- Payment : can be done in € / $ / £ or MAD
- English speaking guide, and cook
- Muleteers and mules for luggages
- Full board on trek + mineral water, coffee and tea
- Accommoadtion in a Berber village (gite)
- Ground transfers by minibuses / taxis: ( hotel – trek – hotel )
- Mess, cooking & toilet tents (camping option )
- 4×4 / mini-bus with english speaking driver
- 1 night in a hotel at Dades gorges (HB)
- 1overnight camping on the Dunes (HB)
- Camel ride on the dunes.
- 1 night in Ait ben haddou (HB)
- Travel insurance.
- Soft/alcoholic drinks
- Tips and personal expanses
- Lunches ( Desert Tour )
- Entrance fee (Monuments visits)
This trek runs all year round and can depart at any date of your preference.
We usually have several treks departing each week that you may join , please get in Touch!!
1 overnight camping on the dunes (nomad tents)
1 overnight in Auberge in merzouga
1 overnight in a Hotel at Dades Gorges
1 overnight in hotel in ait ben haddou